Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Overwhelming.....

So I've started to take on the task of starting our baby registry. HOLY CRAP, I don't know what I'm doing. lol There are SOOOO many choices for every freakin item!!! lol There aren't just cribs. There are 4-in-1 cribs, but are they safe? Are they good quality? What color? What about a bassinet? Do I need one? Do I go with a theme? Have everything match? And if I do, should I get neutral stuff so I can possibly use it again if, Lord willing, we have another child? lol What about baby baths? They have the ones with a thermometer on them and a "rump bump" so the baby doesn't slide down. Will it fit in the sink? What about just a little inflatable pool? Stoller??? Have seen the sheer number of them?!?!?! Ridiculous. So this is my dilema. What do I need to register for? Someone help me! lol Just give me some hints. Point me in the right direction.


OH! By the way....update on Baby Knight. I'm 17, almost 18 weeks now. Baby is about 5 inches long and weighs almost 7 onces (according to babycenter.com). We go in less than 2 weeks for the sonogram to find out what it is. YAY! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I know exactly how you feel! Thankfully, my sister kept track of everything she registered for and made me this awesome list including some explanations. It really really helped! If you'd like, I can update it with my own notes and email it to you. Then, what I found is that registering via online was easiest for most of the stuff. That way, you can look at reviews and figure out which product would be best for your needs. For the bigger stuff, (stroller, pack-n-play, etc), I took Andrew to the store and we checked them out in person, but still went home and read the reviews. Going to the store initially really overwhelmed me. The only product that I did a consumer report on was the stroller - which I suggest. They have little instructional videos that explain what you want in a stroller, etc. Anyways, I'll work on that list -- my email is melissa.mcquillen@gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. get some good burp cloths, because there's gonna be some serious spit-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your on blogger. I am following you now..nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    If you have any questions , let me know!
    I found that a Pack'n'Play works good as a bassinet...they often come with a "bassinet" in the top that is removable. I just used that for the first few months in our room next to the bed so it was easy to take Madi in and out to feed her at night.
    Strollers...you can look up reviews, that's good. I like the kind that the baby carrier seat comes with...Graco are usually good mid-range bets.
    Baby baths...the one we had intitally was annoying cus the "rump bump" was hitting her back under the little net that they use at first. But you can try it. It can sit on the floor, or in the bathtub, but doesn't have to fit in the sink.
    I have a 4 in 1 crib that was my nieces. seems fine...but'd i'd read reviews on cribs cuz the safety stuff changes so often, and some cribs are a pain to put together!
    Hope this helps :) !

    ReplyDelete