Thursday, October 22, 2009

You know what I miss...?

I really miss college. People always said that the college years are some of the best years of one's life. Now, I know that's not true for everyone, but it was for me. Man.....I miss not having to worry about....much of anything (even though I probably should have worried a little more than I did). I miss being able to, and wanting to stay up to the wee hours of the night just because I didn't want to miss what was going on in the dorms (like dance parties, or movie/friends maratons, or Kathryn and Kristi beating the crap out of each other for fun. lol GOOD times. : )

just an example of the fun : )

I miss the volleyball/soccer/basketball games where we almost ALWAYS lost, but our fans loved us anyways. I miss the nicknames (most) that we called each other. I wish "SuckFace" would go away, but I know that's here forever. lol You know what's scary?? I even miss the cafeteria! They weren't always on point, but I had some good meals in that place. Pizza day?!?! Soul food day?!?!?! Breakfast for dinner day?!?!? (My absolute FAV!) I remember when we had favorite cereal day and Miss Deena got all the old school cereals. And make your own cookie day?! mmmmmm......white chocolate and cranberry cookies....SO good! I miss chapel everyday and some of the CRAZY people that came through that place. LOL It was always enlightening. Candy shop chapel....(I wonder how many people will NEVER forget that one). Pilot Aires Chapel!!!! "Turn it over to my Father".....Lady Preacher Chapel when everyone got ALL upset. hahaha.....
I miss how skinny I was. LOL at least the first year and a half. Then it all went downhill.
I really do miss all of these things, but learning what I did from those years, and having some amazing friends from college, I am so thankful for where God has brought me. What He's done in these past few years since college and what He will continue to do. It just seems so crazy to look back and know that those years are over. Sometimes I think it would be great to go back or still be there (like Van Wilder or another name that comes to mind...hahaha), but I realize that part in my life is past and it's on to a new one. A big one too. Having a kid is scary!!! I guess that's where all this nostalgia is coming from. This whole thing seems so....so.....adult. And sometimes I still feel like a girl in college. It's strange.

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya, girl ! I miss those college days too...even though I didn't live in the dorms, I had some great times there! And I totally hear ya on the whole kid/adult feeling thing. It does seem like a very grown-uppy thing, but don't worry, you'll be a cool mom! And you'll get to re-live some of those childlike experiences you had all over again ! It's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your scholarship in my classes.
    Silver Bullet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever been able to relate to someone's blog post more!! Haha...I laughed SO hard when you were describing the different chapels- had to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny, despite what everyone says, you are cool. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie Harbaugh SantosDecember 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

    Haha, Wow, I just found your blog and this post made me laugh so hard!! I was only at WBC one semester but I met so many cool people and have a lot of good memories. I might've actually lasted longer if I'd lived in the dorms... About the chapels... I was there for the candy shop one and I will never forget it! LOL!! Great post! Can't wait to meet your baby! She may be a pro soccer player one day :D

    ReplyDelete